Frequently asked questions
Below is a list of questions we often get asked and our answers.
- What are Career Forums and Virtual Career Forums?
- Career Forums and Virtual Career Forums are industry-leading, retail and hospitality specific recruitment events providing everything you need to push your career to the next level.
- Who runs it?
- Career Forums and Virtual Career Forums are part of an Evenbase Recruitment Limited - a retail recruitment media group, and subsidiary of DMGT (Daily Mail General Trust).
- Who should attend?
- At our live London events, our exhibitors will be looking for people who are pursing new management, head office, and sales based challenges. Whether you have been working in retail for 10 months or 10 years, we would love to meet you. And with exhibitors covering all sectors of the retail and hospitality, we’re sure to have a job that appeals to you.
The Virtual Career Forums events are dedicated to professionals already at a management level or currently working in a head office role with at least one year’s experience.
- What happens at the event?
- Career Forums is run over two days, and with the UK’s leading retailers exhibiting, there is plenty to do.
At our London events, all of the exhibitors are at the event on both days, meaning you can visit the event at a time that suits you, and have a choice of two days to attend. As well as talking to the exhibitors about current opportunities and potential vacancies, we also have a comprehensive seminar programme giving you the skills you need to stay ahead in the fast-moving retail industry. Plus, we have a team of CV Doctors on hand to make sure that your first impression with a new employer isn’t your last!
To make the most of your time, why not familiarise yourself with our exhibitor list and seminar timetable then plan who you want to see, what you want to do, and when? And remember… don’t be shy; everyone at Career Forums will be delighted to speak with you.
At the Virtual Career Forums event, you can log in at anytime and from any location convenient to you. You can watch pod cast seminars at your leisure, visit stands and interact with exhibitors during the hours of 9am - 7pm on the live dates.
- What do I wear?
- Think of Career Forums as the first stage of an interview, and first impressions count. Dress to impress because you could be talking to your next employer, but also remember that you need to be comfortable and are likely to spend a lot of time on your feet.
- What do I need to bring with me?
- After registering for one of our events, you will be emailed a fast-track entry ticket which you need to print off and bring with you on the day. Alternatively, just make a note of your unique reference number on the email, and bring that along with you.
It is also a good idea to bring multiple copies of your CV to give to employers as well as a pen and notepad to note any additional information regarding the next step in their recruitment process.
If you are hoping to really impress a potential employer on the day, why not do a little research beforehand too? Look up their website to find out some background information on the company and their vacancies on offer.
- Who will be there?
- We will have many of the UKs top retail and hospitality companies exhibiting at the event, to find out who click here.
- How do I get there?
- It's easy, all of our Career Forums events live are easily accessible via public transport, or by car. Virtual Career Forums are even easier just log on to the website when the event is live from the comfort of your own home!
Please visit our how to find us page for further details.